Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Urban Unveiled 5.0 photos

Some snaps from Urban Unveiled a few weeks ago.  The show was a huge success...beautiful and inspiring ideas everywhere, some super sweet and fun 2011 brides, and an AMAZING fashion show from Luly Yang.  I have to admit, her shows are always pretty incredible, but some years they are a little "runway" for me; beautiful, but nothing I'd wear myself.  This year though...I was coveting EVERYTHING.  My only regret of the show was that I was upstairs during the fashion show, so none of the pictures turned out.  I so badly wish I had one of the grey silk ball dress with embroidered pink flowers.  It's not "wedding-y" at all, but is my new "if I could do it all again" dress.

Anyway, enough fashion talk.  First pictures are of the Fiore Blossoms space, of course!  Daylight during set-up, and then night time with all of the elements of my "Urban Picnic" in place.  I loved the burlap ribbon through the Chivari chairs, and the antlers coming out of the arrangement.  The beautiful table number sign is from Paper Moxie (thanks Sheryl!).  In the last picture, you can see the evil that I had to look at all night--the Trophy Cupcake tower!  The raspberry lemon ones were my kryptonite.




The sweet little vintage space created by a couple of my favorite ladies...the girls from 1000 Words Photography.  Sheena from The Invisible Hostess designed the most amazing glowing table, and Sam Day does an entire oil painting of the event DURING the event every year. 



A pretty pink dress I love (from Moms, Maids, and More), Flora Nova's dramatic columns and white orchids (I know, strange to put another Seattle florist on here, but Christiane and I have always been very good friends.  She has been a mentor and confidant to me, and I think there will always be enough weddings for the both of us!).  And I have to include the True Colors Events table in the photos.  My three favorite boys in all of Seattle are a given, but I think Travis and Jesse are in the lead for spots four and five. 



Black and white damask is still huge, and the W Hotel did it beautifully.  Look at that cake!  And Abaloria jewelry is always exquisite.  Someday.....




A couple awesome cakes from a new Urban Unveiled partner, The People's Cake, followed by a shot of Benaroya, all dressed up for the party! 



1 comment:

Kerry said...

I want to go to this! lacy cake, vintage vignettes, flowers and jewelry = heaven. great photos.