Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wedding Weekend


I'm deep in the middle a of few heavenly weeks of weddings and sisters...Katie Bug is here right now and lent her incredibly artistic and hardworking hand to Helen & Pat's wedding last night; The Black Sheep gets here on Friday! She'll be bringing a new guy to Seattle for the first time, so I can't wait to get to be a tourist in my own city--it's fun to remember how great the place you live really is.

Last night might have been a very favorite wedding...I loved planning with the bride's mom for the past year and it was awesome to see it come together. Robin has such an artistic eye and great vision, and forgive my lack of modesty when I say that our little partnership made Tacoma's Union Station look fantastic. Orange embroidered silk linens played off Dale Chihuly's monarch wall, four varieties of orchids danced on tall branches in the centerpieces to fill the huge space of the rotunda, and little terrariums were filled with hand blown glass from Bedrock, Glassybaby votives everywhere, faux bois paper from the super talented Summerland Letterpress...AND I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!!!!!!!!! So heading out to the Fremont Market this morning so that I don't fall into a pit of despair...

Katie told me about a favorite inspiring photography blog based out of Birmingham. Check out this super sweet 8mm film they shot of one of their own photographer's recent weddings. SO charming!




Lindsey & Branden 8mm from A Bryan Photo on Vimeo.

Monarch wall from Chuck Pefley.

No comments: