Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Early morning coffee talk

I'm back to my usual vampire ways and have been up for hours catching up on paperwork, flower orders, emails, sneaking in a few blog reads, and drinking yummy coffee. (Wouldn't it be fun to be drinking it HERE? Using these pictures of Cartola in Portland as my current dining room inspiration. A winter time project though.)

I'm gathering my thoughts and doing a little positive mental imaging at the starting line of a big race...or rather a big beautiful wedding at Union Station in Tacoma this weekend, followed by a cozy nuptial celebration at DeLille Cellars on Sunday. Union Station is filled with Dale Chihuly artwork, and we're decorating in shades of orange to complement his monarch wall. I'm bringing citrus hued embroidered silk linens, glass terrariums filled with tiny Chihuly gardens, branches covered in orchids, and tiny feathered butterflies. For De Lille's sweet couple? Seed pods, berries, soft antique green hydrangea, beautiful silk ribbon.

My lovely sister is flying into town to help, and I love the excuse to sport her a ticket. She's here until Tuesday, when I'll quickly refresh the guest room for my other sister's arrival just a few days later. This might just be the best September ever!

And congratulations to Nicole and Dave...a favorite couple from this year that were married last Saturday. Now they are off to Paris, where Nicole's fabulous style will put those Parisians to shame!
Pictures via Housemartin

No comments: