Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Designer postage

The much anticipated Charles and Ray Eames stamps are available today! Buy them here, learn more about this amazing couple here. Fascinating that they dabbled around in so much--architecture, design, art, films...that's talent.Charles Eames was also quite the philosopher. I love several quotes that are attributed to him...

"Choose your corner, pick away at it carefully, intensely and to the best of your ability and that way you might change the world."

"The real questions are: Does it solve a problem? Is it serviceable? How is it going to look in ten years?" (I think I should tape this to my debit card)

And for Diana...we've talked about this before. May this inspire you! "It makes me feel guilty that anybody should have such a good time doing what they are supposed to do."

Well said Charles.

No comments: