Thursday, May 22, 2008

black & yellow

Several black and yellow weddings have been making the blog circuit lately. I never thought I'd be so attracted to this combination, but it is so striking, bold, and chic. I thought I'd share pictures from a few favorites.

The first wedding is Sarah & Nick, featured on Brooklyn Bride. Photos from David Turner, flowers by vale-of-enna.





The bridal bouquet of ranunculus and rice flowers.





Heavy square cubes lined with lemon slices decorated the aisle, and then moved to the tables for the reception.



And next, Janet & Roy from The Bride's Cafe. Photos by Aaron Delesie, flowers from Milli Fiore. I love the cattleya bridal bouquet. So couture!










And finally, some gorgeous inspiration boards from Snippet & Ink in our featured palette.






Update! Lemiga Events just planned a yellow and black girls night out in Vegas, as part of a great birthday weekend. Look at the TP they found! Now that's taking care of the details my friends!

2 comments:

Lemiga Events said...

I love this combination too. I used the same colors for a girls night out cocktail party - you can see pictures on my blog - http://lemiga.blogspot.com/2008/05/vegas-birthday-party-part-2-girls-night.html

cara said...

It's a combination I would never use myself, not really liking yellow, but I can't deny that it makes an amazing impact.

And that toilet paper, wow! I'd love some of that in my bathroom!